Our curriculum is structured using the EYFS framework for children aged 0-5 years.
The EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) has 6 areas of learning, focusing on helping children grow in confidence and child development.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development:
• Providing activities aimed to ensure that the children develop skills and knowledge, not only academically but socially also.
• Provides opportunities for children to boost their self-esteem, build up confidence and self help skills.
Communication, Language and Literacy:
• Includes both verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Provides opportunity for children to communicate with their peers and adults by expressing themselves, (i.e) by pointing, talking, crying and smiling.
• Encourage speaking and listening through the enjoyment of books, sounds, reading and writing. These skills create the basis of literacy and so it is important that the children receive the right support at an early age.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy:
• Provides opportunity for all children to develop their understanding of numbers, patterns and shape, ect. Through counting, measuring and problem solving.
Knowledge and Understanding of the World:
• Providing activities enabling children to question and understand how and why things work, through the exploration, observation, investigating and the experimenting of their environment.
• To encourage the children's fine and gross motor skills through a range of different physical activities.
• Encourage interaction with others.
• Aiding their sense of awareness and self health, providing the right start needed for a healthy future.
• Creates an opportunity for children to experiment with, explore their environment and to share their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a range of activities. These activities include, imaginative role play, art and design and also the use of their own expressiveness and originality to invent new things.
Tel No. 0208 965 9585
Monday 0730 - 1900
Tuesday 0730 - 1900
Wednesday 0730 - 1900
Thursday 0730 - 1900
Friday 0730 - 1900
Saturday 0800 - 1600
Please also use our contact form.
Kidz 1st Day Nursery
37 - 41 Winchelsea Road